Joy Azumara is a senior associate in the Intellectual Property department and serves as the Deputy Sector Head of the Technology, Media and Entertainment (TME) Sector of the Firm.
She has over eight years’ experience in all aspects of Intellectual Property, working with clients from different spectrums of the industry, managing their Intellectual Property assets, within Nigeria and across Africa.
With her extensive experience working with the top players in different industries, she has developed a knack for tackling tricky and complex trademark prosecution matters, handling large IP portfolios across Africa and helping clients shape the appropriate IP strategy for their business pursuits in Africa. She also has extensive experience in conducting IP audits and developing IP policies and IP strategies for top level international and local companies.
With her role as Deputy Sector Head of the TME sector in the firm, she combines her passion for the entertainment industry with her knowledge of IP. She serves as a Thought Leader within the sector, training clients and the general public on the intricacies and role of IP in the sector and also helps clients to properly position themselves to win with their IP.
- George Mason University, Antonin Scalia Law School– WIPO Summer School, 2021
- Advanced Course On Software Licensing – World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) – December 2020
- CopyrightX– Harvard Law School: January – June 2020
- Advanced Course on Patents – World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO): April- July, 2018
- Advanced Course on Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO): September- December, 2017
- Intellectual Property Management: World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO): April- July, 2017
- Nigerian Law School (BL)
- Houdegbe North American University, Benin Republic (LLB)
- Nigerian Bar Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Trademark Prosecution across Africa
- Intellectual Property Portfolio Management
- Intellectual Property Audit
- Intellectual Property Advisory services
- Intellectual Property Training
- Commercial Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property