The Business Regulatory & Advisory Practice provides comprehensive and specialized advice and assistance to start-ups and mature companies for both locals and foreigners alike Corporates and Individuals. The Practice services range from preliminary enquiries to actual setting up of businesses in Nigeria, maintaining business operations in compliance with prevailing regulations to legal advisory on exit strategies.
The practice is based on a tripod of fundamentals: an in-depth knowledge of the business environment and investment opportunities, an understanding of the social, cultural and economic issues in Nigeria and a wealth of experience in business regulatory matters.
We appreciate our Clients’ commercial goals, constraints and concerns and make it our business to know our Clients’ businesses.
COMPANY SECRETARIAL & CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
Our Firm provides company secretarial services to a wide range of companies in various sectors of the economy and have developed expertise in company law and administration. We render company secretarial services to companies in the Oil & Gas, Property Management, Information Technology, Health, Hospitality and Banking sectors which include two (2) public companies. We are also company secretaries to Nigerian subsidiaries of international companies.
The experience garnered over the years in this area of law assists Clients immensely in compliance with corporate regulations as well as fostering the relationships between the various stakeholders – shareholders (majority and minority); directors; employees; bankers; customers/clients; regulatory agencies – in corporate organisations.
Our services include:
- Pre-Incorporation and Business Start Up
- Full outsourced company secretarial services
- Company Secretarial Support
- Provision of Registered Office Address
- Provision of Nominee Directors and Shareholders
- Preparation of Shareholders’ Agreements
- Post listing services
- Post Incorporation Compliance
- Regulatory Filings at the Company’s Registry
- Organization of Directors’ and Shareholders’ Meetings
- Maintenance of Statutory Registers
- Corporate Governance support
- Customised Corporate Governance Documentation
- Providing company secretarial service to 2 (two) public limited liability companies
- Currently providing company secretarial services to joint venture companies and private limited liability companies with private equity investments.
- Prepared and reviewed in line with existing law and rules of corporate governance, the policies and documentation of a quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
FOREIGN DIRECT INVESTMENT
Our dedicated FDI practice specializes in assisting foreign companies with cross border transactions and inbound investments in completing all the legal requirements to set up a local business in Nigeria. We advise companies on the most effective structure and corporate vehicle for their activities. We allow our clients to better understand their position in the Nigerian market with advice and counsel regarding local business practices that will assist the clients’ interests. We also help position our Clients to benefit from incentives which are available to foreign investment to enable such investments achieve a reasonable level of profit within its formative years, such incentives include income tax holidays and special tax regimes.
Our Team with a combined experience of over 25 years have successfully advised and assisted various multinational companies, in the Pension, Investment, Energy, Automobile, Manufacturing, Trading, Entertainment, Information Technology (IT), Health, and Hospitality sectors in setting up and running their business in Nigeria.
Our services include:
- Pre – Investment Advisory
- Transaction Structure Advisory
- Local entity/Business Set-up
- Joint Venture Arrangements
- Due Diligence on Venture Partners
- Tax Advisory
- Free Trade Zone Licences and Compliance
- Bank Account Opening
- Corporate Tax Registration
- Pre-Investment Approvals
- Post – Investment Approvals
- Labour and Employment Advisory
- Assisted a leading investment company in the incorporation of an SPV for use as its investing entity in the Pension sector. We advised on the corporate structure, prepared the shareholders agreement and assisted in obtaining relevant pre-investment registrations and post investment approvals/licenses from the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Currently assisting a leading multinational pharmaceutical and consumer goods company is setting up its business in Nigeria. We advised on the shareholding structure, regulatory compliance requirement and are currently assisting with procuring relevant post incorporation approvals and licenses.
- Advised and assisted a leading European sport betting company in the incorporation of its local subsidiary and obtaining the relevant regulatory permit for its business operations in Nigeria. We are also currently providing labour and employment advisory services, immigration services, as well as agency contract documentation and general legal advisory to the Company.
- Currently advising a renowned distillery on the road map to the entry into and doing Business in Nigeria.