Richmond is a Senior Associate in the Firm’s Corporate Commercial Department, leading the General Commercial, Real Estate and Infrastructure teams. He is also the Deputy Sector Head of Infrastructure in the Energy and Infrastructure Sector of the Firm.
Richmond is a versatile commercial lawyer, and his business knowledge of his clients’ industries enables his clients to succeed in their legal endeavours. He manages clients’ employment and labour matters and several portfolios of infrastructure and project developments, property, real estate, and other commercial transactions and provides general legal advisory on these matters. Additionally, he advises on International Investments transactions; Business Rescue, Insolvency and Debt Recovery; and general Corporate Commercial matters.
Richmond was nominated by the Esquire Nigeria Legal Award as a Rising Star “40 Under 40” in Real Estate and Construction Law and Practice, as well as Labour and Employment Law, and won the coveted award in 2022.
Richmond has written a series of thought leadership papers and articles published in different online and print journals. He recently published a book on labour and employment law titled Charting a New Course in the Nigerian Labour and Employment Jurisprudence. He regularly writes on topical issues in law for a national newspaper and several journals.
- University of Lagos (LL.M)
- Nigerian Law School (B.L)
- University of Benin (LL. B)
- University of Benin [B.A. (Hons.) Philosophy]
- University of Benin (Diploma in Law)
- Nigerian Bar Association (NBA)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, UK
- INSOL International
- Business Recovery and Insolvency Practitioners Association of Nigeria (BRIPAN)
- Nigerian Institute of Management (Chartered)
- Association of Professional Negotiators and Mediators
- NBA – SBL Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
- NBA – SBL Employment, Labour and Industrial Relations Committee
- Contract Documentation
- Property and Real Estate
- Infrastructure and Project Development
- Labour and Employment
- General Commercial Legal Advisory
- Arbitration and ADR
- Business Rescue, Insolvency and Debt Recovery
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Commercial