Intellectual Property Newsletter – Intellect First (2nd Edition) Launched
JEE IN THE HEADLINES
Our milestones this year:
• We were voted firm of the year in Nigeria at the Managing IP Awards 2020.
• For 15 straight years, we have been rated Tier 1 Law firm for contentious and non- contentious trademark and Patent work in Nigeria by World Trademark Review (“WTR”).
• Highest ranking firm in for IP stars by Managing intellectual Property (“MIP”)
• Voted the “Best IP Advisor, Africa” at the innovation & IP Forum & Awards 2019.
• Our partner, Uwa Ohiku is one of the 2 Nigerians recognized amongst the Top 250 Women in Intellectual Property 2019 & 2020, globally, by Managing Intellectual Property.
• Our partner, Chinyere Okorocha was recognized as Outstanding Woman in Business Law, in a report promoted by leading business newspaper, “Business Day”.
• Our partner, Obafemi Agaba was elected president of Intellectual Property Law Association of Nigeria (IPLAN)
• Another partner, Yusuf Asamah Kadiri was elevated to the rank of Senior Advocate of Nigeria (“SAN”), which is one of the most prestigious honours to be bestowed to a lawyer in Nigeria.
• Uwa Ohiku, Chinyere Okorocha, Obafemi Agaba, Ngozi Aderibigbe and Chinwe Ogban were ranked IP Stars in the 2020/21 edition of Managing Intellectual Property’s IP Stars. The highest number of Lawyers ranked from a Nigerian firm.
JEE Silver Jubilee
This year, we celebrate Jackson, Etti & Edu’s 25 years of excellent client service, innovation, and achievements.
11 June 2020 – JEE IP Awareness Webinar
Jackson, Etti & Edu in collaboration with the Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Nigeria (AHK) recently hosted a webinar themed Fostering Innovation in a Time of Crisis: The Critical Role of IP Protection.
The webinar was held on 11th June 2020 and featured senior associates from Jackson, Etti & Edu; Chinwe Ogban and Busola Bakinson. Anchored by Yolanda Oghumah of AHK, the webinar was aimed at educating emerging innovators on the need for IP protection to ensure substantial economic exploitation of
The webinar commenced with a robust exposition by Busola Bakinson on the forms of IP protection available under Nigerian laws to innovators in respect of their novel creations.
Chinwe Ogban followed up with an insightful session on the legal framework for
collaboration between innovators and investors. Following their presentations, the two IP lawyers fielded questions from the participants, drawing on their practical, Africa wide experience in the exciting field of IP law.