Tolu is a Senior Associate in the Intellectual Property and Regulatory & Compliance Practices of the Firm
She also doubles as Deputy Sector Head, Financial Services. Tolu advises clients on diverse regulatory issues for leading consumer brands.
- Advanced WIPO Courses in Intellectual Property Management Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications
- University of Oxford – Certificate in Intellectual Property, International Taxation and Business Communication
- University of Lagos – Master of Laws (LL.M)
- Nigerian Law School – Barrister at Law (B.L)
- University of Ibadan – Bachelor of Laws (LL.B)
- Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (Associate Member)
- Intellectual Property Lawyers Association of Nigeria (IPLAN)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Nigerian Bar Association
Tolu has practiced IP for over a decade; garnering substantial expertise in trademarks, patents and designs prosecution. Her clientele includes leading brands and innovators from Asia and the Middle East.
She advises and liaises with regulatory bodies in Nigeria such as the Nigeria Trademarks and Patents Registry, Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON), Consumer Protection Council (CPC), Nigeria Agricultural Quarantine Service (NAQS), National Environmental Standards Regulatory and Enforcement Agency (NESREA) and National Agricultural Seeds Council (NASC).
Tolu liaises with different IP related organizations, such as IPLAN, WIPO Nigeria and INTA on programmes for Intellectual Property awareness in Nigeria. She executed Intellectual Property CSR programmes on behalf of Jackson, Etti & Edu in various IP Clubs across Nigerian universities. Tolu is one of the pioneers of the firm’s Technology Start-Up Initiative where the IP Practice supports Nigeria’s budding innovative entrepreneurs through bespoke legal and business service packages.
- Intellectual Property
- Regulatory & Compliance