3-5 Sinari Daranijo Street,
Off Ajose Adeogun,
+234 1 4626841/3
Folasade Olusanya is a Partner in the Firm.
She has a strong track record of advising managers and investee companies in complex Mergers and Acquisitions and Cross-Border Acquisitions, private equity, and venture capital. Fola is an active member of the Mergers and Acquisitions Committees of the Capital Markets Solicitors Association in Nigeria and the Section on Business Law of the Nigerian Bar Association.
Folasade Olusanya is active on a range of substantial M&A mandates as well as issues relating to corporate governance. She regularly represents clients from sectors spanning from infrastructure and energy to consumer goods and pensions. She is acknowledged for her experience in the capital markets space.
- Lagos Business School: Advanced Management Programme; Accounting for Non-Accountants
- College of Law of England & Wales: International Practice Diplomas in Capital Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions, International Business Organisation, and Joint Venture
- Nigerian Law School B.L
- University of Lagos LL.B
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Professional Member – Section of Business Law of the Nigerian Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators,
- Associate Member – Chartered Institute of Taxation
Her areas of expertise include Commercial Transactions, Corporate dissolution & Liquidations, Mortgages, conveyancing, and Leases. Fola has been involved in a number of big-ticket transactions in different sectors of the economy. She has been involved in several privatizations of government assets advising on both the sell side and buy side. She has also advised extensively on several real estate transactions and has been involved in a number of Public Private Partnership deals.
She specializes in Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), Banking and Finance work, general Commercial and Corporate work, and Tax and Real Estate. She is regularly listed as a leading lawyer in M & A, Banking and Finance, and Capital Market in IFLR 1000 and is regularly recommended as a leading corporate and commercial lawyer In Chambers Global. She was named the 2017 Client Choice winner for Merger & Acquisition in Nigeria. She was listed in the Who’s Who legal directory as a leading lawyer in Mergers & Acquisitions and Governance. She is a fellow at the Chartered Institute of Taxation. Fola advised GuarantCo in connection with the provision of a revolving recallable funding facility to Infracredit Limited. She also advised on the Lagos State Government N500 Billion Bond Issuance Programme.
- Corporate Commercial & General Legal Advisory
- Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Regulatory, Compliance & Governance