Folasade Olusanya is a Partner and heads the Corporate Commercial Department of the Firm.
She has a strong track record of advising managers and investee companies in complex Mergers and Acquisitions and Cross-Border Acquisitions, private equity, and venture capital. Fola is an active member of the Mergers and Acquisitions Committees of the Capital Markets Solicitors Association in Nigeria and the Section on Business Law of the Nigerian Bar Association.
Folasade Olusanya is active on a range of substantial M&A mandates as well as issues relating to corporate governance. She regularly represents clients from sectors spanning from infrastructure and energy to consumer goods and pensions. She is acknowledged for her experience in the capital markets space.
- Lagos Business School: Advanced Management Programme; Accounting for Non Accountants
- College of Law of England & Wales: International Practice Diplomas in Capital Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions, International Business Organisation and Joint Venture
- Nigerian Law School B.L
- University of Lagos LL.B
- Nigerian Bar Association
- Professional Member – Section of Business Law of the Nigerian Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators,
- Associate Member – Chartered Institute of Taxation
Her areas of expertise include Commercial Transactions, Corporate Disolutions & Liquidations, Mortgages, conveyancing and Leases. Fola has been involved in a number of big ticket transactions in different sectors of the economy. She has been involved in several privatizations of government assets advising on both the sell side and buy side. She has also advised extensively on several real estate transactions and has been involved in a number of Public Private Partnership deals.
She specialises in Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), Banking and Finance work, general Commercial and Corporate work, Tax and Real Estate. She is regularly listed as a leading lawyer in M & A, Banking and Finance and Capital Market in IFLR 1000 and regularly recommended as a leading corporate and commercial lawyer In Chambers Global. She was named 2017 Client Choice winner for Merger & Acquisition in Nigeria. She was listed in Who’s Who legal directory as a leading lawyer in Merger & Acquisition and Governance. She is a fellow at Chartered Institute of Taxation. Fola advised GuarantCo in connection with the provision of revolving recallable funding facility to Infracredit Limited. She also advised on the Lagos State Government N500 Billion Bond Issuance Programme.
- Corporate Commercial & General Legal Advisory
- Regulatory And Compliance