Kunle is a Partner in the Corporate Commercial Department of the firm. He co-heads the firm's Financial Services Sector and leads the Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions team.
Adekunle is an integral member of the Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions Practice. Kunle’s practice covers all aspects of Corporate and Commercial law, with special emphasis on Capital Markets, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity and Taxation. He advised on several debt and equity issuance transactions having actively participated in diverse Private Placements, Right Issues, Public Offers, bond issuance as well as regulatory and compliance matters relating to debt issuances by a state Government.
He has advised on big ticket Private Equity and Merger & Acquisitions within banking, insurance, oil and gas and manufacturing sectors. The acquisition of Union Bank of Nigeria Plc by a consortium of private equity firms in which he was involved was described in the IFLR 2013 as the largest private equity deal in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Adekunle is recognised in International Financial Law Review 1000 as a Rising Star in the Nigerian Mergers and Acquisition and Capital Markets Practice.
- Nigerian Law School B.L
- University of Ibadan LL.B
- College of England and Wales: International Practice Diploma in International Business Organization
- Saïd Business School, Oxford University, England: Private Equity Programme
- Georgetown University, Washington DC, USA: LL.M in Securities and Financial Regulation
- Nigerian Bar Association (NBA)
- Nigerian Institute of Management
- Chartered Institute of Taxation
- NBA Section on Business Law, Committee on Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Restructuring
- NBA Section on Business Law, Committee on Taxation
- Private Equity
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Restructuring
- Joint Ventures
- Energy – Power
- Corporate Commercial & General Legal Advisory