Jackson, Etti & Edu (“JEE” or “the firm”) is committed to collecting, maintaining, and using personal information about our clients and business contacts responsibly. The provisions of data protection laws in Nigeria imposes strict conditions on the firm. The firm has made a commitment through its internal policies to apply a consistent standard across the firm when collecting, using, and managing personal information.
This privacy notice explains how we may collect, use and disclose information about clients and other business and firm contacts, and describes the rights you may have in respect of your own personal information. Please read it carefully.
- Who is the Controller for the personal data processed?
- Changes to your personal data
- The information we collect and how we use it
- How your personal data is collected
- How we use your data
- Processing your personal data for recruitment activities
- Service providers
- Keeping your information up to date
- Marketing and exercising your right to opt-out of marketing
- Third party marketing
- With whom we share personal data
- Data security
- Data retention
- Your rights
“Client Supplier”: provision of products and services by JEE to actual and prospective clients;
“Supplier Services”: provision of products and services to JEE by suppliers or service providers;
“Visitors Services”: provision by JEE of facilities, including conference rooms, local area network (for instance, Wifi) and other relevant facilities and services to visitors to any JEE offices; and
“Recruitment Activities”: provision of the personal data of a candidate or individual (whether by such candidate or individual or by a third party) for a position at JEE other than through JEE’s usual recruitment process.
References in this notice to “you” or “your” are references to individuals whose personal data JEE processes in connection with client services, supplier services, or visitor services. For the avoidance of doubt:
- any reference in this policy to our “clients” or “suppliers” includes their employees or other staff whose personal details we process;
- this privacy notice also applies to JEE’s processing of personal data of individuals who could be (or could be the employees or staff of) transaction counterparties or rival bidders to, or litigants in legal proceedings involving, our actual or prospective clients; and
- if you have provided your personal data to JEE for recruitment activities (whether directly or through a third party this notice is only designed to provide you with information about how we will process your personal data up to the point that you apply for a position or placement with JEE. Details of the processing undertaken for recruitment activities are set out in Clause 8. If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data for recruitment purposes, please contact DPO@jee.africa
This notice aims to give you information about how JEE collects and processes your personal data. It is important that you read this notice together with any other notices we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing your personal data, so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your personal data. This notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
3. WHO IS THE CONTROLLER FOR THE PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED?
A “controller” is a person or organization who alone or jointly determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any personal data is, or is likely to be, processed. This notice is issued on behalf of JEE as controller. Unless we notify you otherwise JEE is the controller for your personal data.
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) oversees compliance with data protection within JEE. If you have any questions about this notice, including any requests to exercise your rights, please contact our Data protection Officer using the contact details set out below: